Cosmetic Dentist in Perth
Delivering beautiful smiles to the Perth area. Giving you exceptional dental care and a confident smile is our focus.
Achieve The Smile Of Your Dreams With Cosmetic Dentistry
If you’re unhappy with the appearance of your teeth, it can affect more than just how you feel about yourself. It can also have an impact on your confidence, which in turn affects other aspects of your life.
Cosmetic dentistry may give you confidence by improving your appearance and making you feel good about yourself again. Essentially, cosmetic dentistry is any dental procedure meant to improve the look of a patient’s teeth and gums, bite, and overall appearance. It’s also important to remember that cosmetic procedures are more than just aesthetic; they also include procedures that improve tooth function and overall dental health.
A wide variety of cosmetic dental treatments are available at Maylands Dental Centre, and they’ll help you look and feel better about yourself and your healthy smile. Call us today for more information regarding our cosmetic dentistry services in Perth. 08 9370 5464
Our Cosmetic Dentistry Services
At Maylands Dental Centre
At Maylands Dental Centre, our professional teeth whitening treatments use advanced dental technology and are gentle on your teeth and gums. Our experienced dentists will be able to advise you on the dental treatment that is right for your needs and budget and which dental treatment option would be the most effective for you.
Maylands Dental Centre
Comfortable Clinic Setting with Cutting-edge Technology
Maylands Dental Centre is a modern dental facility with the latest technology and equipment. We are proud to offer you cutting-edge technology, a comfortable clinic setting, and friendly staff to make your visit easy and enjoyable.
Highly Trained Dentists
With 200+ 5 Star Reviews
We’re not just another dental clinic. Our experienced team is composed of highly skilled professionals with more than ten years of experience, so you can be confident that your teeth will be in good hands.
We Accept All Healthfunds and Have 0% Interest Free Payment Plan Options
Maylands Dental Centre is registered with all private health fund companies and is a preferred provider for HBF, HCF, NIB, smile.com.au, and CBHS. An on-site HICAPS system facilitates efficient on-the-spot claiming for our patients.
Our Smile Gallery at Maylands Dental Centre
We Accept All Health funds & Offer Flexible Payment Options
Frequently Asked Questions
In general dentistry, the goal is to prevent and provide treatment for oral diseases. In contrast, cosmetic dentistry aims to make your teeth look beautiful. While a general dentist can handle nearly all your general dental needs, they might not meet your aesthetic needs. On the other hand, a cosmetic dentist will focus on improving the aesthetics of your smile. However, both dentists will improve your oral health and give you the treatment you deserve.
Cosmetic dentistry can address and improve several dental problems, including:
- Tooth discolouration
- Missing teeth
- Chipped Teeth
- Misaligned or crooked teeth
- Gaps between teeth (diastema)
- Misshapen teeth
- Damaged or decayed teeth
A smile makeover is a series of cosmetic dental procedures a dentist performs to transform a patient’s appearance. Depending on your mouth, facial appearance, oral health, and dentist’s recommendations, these can vary. With the assistance of our experienced dentists, you can choose which treatment options will suit your face shape and mouth while achieving great aesthetics and optimal results.
- Botox for a gummy smile
- Dental fillings bonding for a broken tooth
- Tooth whitening for a darkened root canal tooth or stained tooth
- Invisalign for crooked, misaligned teeth
- Resin veneers or porcelain veneers for a more symmetrical and brighter smile
- Dental crowns and bridges
- Dentures for missing teeth
- Surgical procedures
The cost of cosmetic dentistry depends on the cosmetic dentistry treatment you need. A take-home teeth whitening kit costs $299, while an in-chair teeth whitening session costs $799 per tooth. Veneers made of composite materials cost $400 to $650, while porcelain veneers can cost up to $1,500 to $1,800. For dental bonding, expect to spend between $250 and $600.
These are only the average costs of cosmetic dental services. During the consultation, the dentist will discuss the treatment plan and cost with you so that you will be financially prepared. Maylands Dental Centre offers flexible payment plans that are completely interest-free so that you can achieve your ideal smile as quickly as possible.
Teeth whitening do not provide a fixed treatment to whiten your teeth. Depending on the individual, it can last anywhere from a few months to three years. Furthermore, the effects of teeth whitening will not last as long if you smoke or drink red wine, coffee, or tea, all of which can cause discolouration of the teeth.
As part of the upkeep, you may need to visit your dentist every six months for additional whitening treatments or use a take-home whitening kit.
A beautiful smile will not last forever if you do not maintain it after a cosmetic dental procedure. In order to maintain a beautiful smile and optimal oral health, brush your teeth at least twice a day, floss at least once a day, and rinse with an antiseptic mouthwash. In addition, follow these steps to keep your smile looking great for longer:
- Whitened teeth: You should avoid dark-coloured foods, beverages, and sauces, such as coffee, tea, wine, beets, berries, soy sauce, and red pasta sauce, as they can cause discolouration of teeth. Foods and beverages with acidic content, such as oranges and lemons, should also be avoided as they can cause damage to tooth enamel and darken your teeth. If you smoke, we strongly advise you to stop because it is bad for your teeth and overall health. For touch-ups, a take-home kit is also available. It is an excellent way to extend the effects of in-office teeth whitening. A quick touch-up is recommended after every dental cleaning.
- Veneers: Dental veneers don’t require any special maintenance. You should take the same steps you do for your real teeth. Do not bite into hard objects or open packages and bottles with your teeth. Visiting the dentist twice a year for routine check-ups and cleanings is also recommended.
- Smile Makeovers: Don’t chew on hard objects or eat foods that stain your teeth. Smoking will ultimately negate the benefits of a smile makeover, hence, it is best to quit the bad habit. In addition to staining your teeth, it compromises your oral health. If you grind your teeth while sleeping, a night guard can protect your dental work.
- Bonding: To prevent damage to your dental bonding, use a soft-bristled toothbrush and toothpaste recommended by your dentist. Avoid excessive alcohol drinking as it may accelerate the bond’s deterioration. Stay away from tooth-staining foods and drinks, as well as smoking. Drink water after each meal to ensure that the acidity level in your mouth is reduced and any food particles are removed.
The longevity of cosmetic dentistry procedure results can differ for each patient based on proper care, diet, and the type of cosmetic treatment. If you practise good oral hygiene, avoid teeth-staining foods and drinks, and don’t smoke, your teeth whitening may last for six months or longer. Generally speaking, porcelain veneers and crowns may last for 10 to 15 years, while composite veneers last around 5 to 7 years. Additionally, dental bonding lasts 3 to 10 years before it needs to be replaced.